Tuesday 27 October 2009

rational

For my website I went for simplicity,  I started off this project perhaps in a bad place; too many ideas but no great ideas, I found it really hard to create a website that represented me. About 10 ideas later and about a week behind schedule I was in the middle of another one of my ideas when this one just came out! I used a nice blank white page with some grass type brush running along the bottom, this concept represents me best, I am a bit of a perfectionist and more of a designer than an illustrator, all of my other ideas people kept asking "so are you an illustrator". So simpler is better in this case! 

I found it hard to get into the web design 'mindset' but now I have a much better understanding of the way it all works now and kept trying to add more little bits to the website like opening the blog in a new window and opening outlook express, rollovers, sprys and behaviors. 
I'm still not 100% but with the knowledge I have now I feel I could go back to the start and create a better website design. But everything links, there is a clear path and all the hotspots work. I have one major problem with my website, the first page has some questionable faults that I don't understand with the links in slightly the wrong place, it all still works and isn't causing any problems so I have just left it.
Shame I can't get it up online, I think I will now purchase my own domain and improve the site so I can use it in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment